Murphy's computers laws

learninmypc

Need a laugh?
  • Any given program, when running, is obsolete.
  • Any given program costs more and takes longer each time it is run.
  • If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
  • If a program is useless, it will have to be documented.
  • Any given program will expand to fill all the available memory.
  • The value of a program is inversely proportional to the weight of its output.
  • Program complexity grows until it exceeds the capability of the programmer who must maintain it.
  • Every non trivial program has at least one bug
    Corollary 1 - A sufficient condition for program triviality is that it have no bugs.
    Corollary 2 - At least one bug will be observed after the author leaves the organization.
  • http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-computer.html

Those all deal with software, but hardware has some too.

In my experience, if I build a computer or do some major hardware swapping and put the side panels of the case back on before testing it. It will not work. Test before buttoning everything up, and you are safe.

Yes,I agree. I was googling something unrelated when I saw that & thought we could use a laugh in here:)

My favorite, because it's so true:

Debugging: The process of uncovering glitches by packaging prerelease software as finished products, then waiting for irate customers to report problems.

In my experience, if I build a computer or do some major hardware swapping and put the side panels of the case back on before testing it. It will not work. Test before buttoning everything up, and you are safe.
This always happens -.-

Back