Mushkin shows its new Ridgeback RAM, Calypso SSDs

By Matthew
Mar 11, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mushkin showed off a few products at CeBIT, including a new line of memory modules and a solid-state drive series. The RAM, called Ridgeback, features a redesigned heatsink with ridges along its back (go figure), and will be aimed at enthusiasts. It will ship in various configurations, including three DDR3 kits targeting both Intel's LGA1156 and LGA1366 platforms, and one set of DDR2 memory. No word on pricing or availability.

Read the whole story
  2. jasonk1229

jasonk1229 Newcomer, in training Posts: 58

Looks terrible compared with corsair
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,019   +83 Staff Member

What looks terrible?
  4. Kovach

Kovach Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

I think that they have something big to offer for this year....big move with SSD.
  5. flukeh

flukeh Newcomer, in training Posts: 57

Lol.... fanboy much?
  6. Yoda8232

Yoda8232 Newcomer, in training Posts: 145

Nice low timings there, not bad heatsinks on those too. Where are the 2GHz+ versions?
  7. rskapadia2294

rskapadia2294 Newcomer, in training Posts: 102

it cannot be compared with corsair or kingston as mushkin hasn't yet declared the prices! lets wait and watch for the prices!
  8. Recipe7

Recipe7 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 138

It's about time they got into the DDR3 market, I'm hoping for some good numbers from them. I've been using Mushkin for quite some time with my old PCs, time to update!
  9. EduardsN

EduardsN Newcomer, in training Posts: 56

I always stick with corsair
  10. flukeh

flukeh Newcomer, in training Posts: 57

I've bought numerous different brands of RAM and haven't had any fail on me at all. Currently i have 2GB worth of DDR2 OCZ Reapers which are a little outdated but still work very well for what i need them to do. I guess that's why brand loyalty among RAM manufacturers confuses me.
  11. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

I have OCZ ram in both my computers, but that is simply because I found a good deal on it. I'm not too picky about the brand of ram i use, just look for which one of the major brands has the best sell on at the time :D. If we see more good compilation for the DDR3 market, to me that means better prices :D.
  12. DryIce

DryIce Newcomer, in training Posts: 60

Is Mushkin a good company? Ive been looking for high performance ram for a while and these specs look pretty good.
  13. Last 2 builds I've used Mushkin. They are an American company in Colorado. Suppport is great, so is the ram. If you get the right RAM, it overclocks like a mofo.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.