Music streaming on LAN

By fw2004
Jun 11, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi;
    I would like to stream my itunes songs from my computer to my stereo system.
    I have an existing wireless network, and don't want to run audio cables around the room so I think I'm looking at a "box" that would be placed at the stereo and connected to the wireless router (which is at the stereo as well).

I currently have a regular PC doing this, but something is wrong with that PC, and before I go out and spend $$ on a new PC, I would like to look into a device made specifically for audio streaming over ethernet.

I have read about some that are available, but as I recall most of them got bad reviews on audio quality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

FW
  2. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

3. fw2004

fw2004 TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 203

Yes, this is what I was thinking of... but it will not support iTunes A lot of my music in my iTunes library is M4P (AAC encoded).
    I am pretty much stuck with iTunes because of this, and the fact that I own 2 iPods.

It's really nasty of Apple to have created a DRM that nobody else wants to use.
    I have no gripes about DRM, but it would have been nice to have a standard!

FW
  4. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.