TechSpot

my 2nd hard disk can't find my device drivers

By backwoodsannie
Oct 23, 2005
  1. trying to configure my 2nd hard disk but it isn't seeing any of the device drivers. how can i find them from the 1st disk. I don't have any copies of the drivers and only have dial up - too slow to download them all

2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

You don't need drivers it connects straight to the hard disc controlled on the motherboard. Check your conections. Supply some more details. MB, OS and disc your using.

3. backwoodsannie

backwoodsannie TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm running windows xp on disk 0, but I loaded server 2003 on disk 1, both of my hard disks are 256GB. I started both os's in safe mode, when I started the xp it listed all of the drivers when booting into safe mode but it didn't list any on the second hard disk.

4. IronDuke

Are these SATA drives then? Can you boot into Server2K3?

5. backwoodsannie

backwoodsannie TS Rookie Topic Starter

I can boot into the server. I don't know what SATA drives are. It recognizes my hardware but not any of my expansion card drivers.
    I really appreciate the assistance

6. IronDuke

Check in Device Manager to see if there are any warnings against these devices and try updating or re-installing the drivers.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.