My Acer notebook won't switch on

my acer powered down by itself like the power had run out but it hadnt....so i had to force shutdown...since then it wont switch back on the connection light just flashes twice slowly instead of several times like normal and the screen remains black... i have tried all the remove battery and ac tricks and nothing is working ,,,,any ideas ?????????

Have you wiped the RAM and the deep sleep settings by unplugging it from the AC adapter and also removing the battery, then waiting half an hour?

Disconnect from the wall power and disconnect the power cord from the laptop.
Remove the battery.
Push the power as if you are trying to turn it on. Hold it in this position for two minutes.
Put the battery back in the laptop.
Reconnect the power and try to turn on again.

hm ... Have you tried plugging it into an external monitor, booting up, and immediately closing the lid?

One of my relative's laptop had a similar issue. Luckily it was still under warranty so the manufacturer fixed it, but 3 weeks later the replacement part broke too. lol

Eventually we just hooked the laptop up to an external monitor, key board and mouse. In that case, the laptop appeared to not be booting up, yet in fact is was. The built in screen was apparently the issue, so an external monitor served as a temporary fix. This might not work for yours, but hey it's worth a try. ;)

I'm guessing it isn't under warranty any more?

Back