My computer crashes after seconds of playing any game, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

woollster00

Hi so i have this problem that is really starting to piss me off i have had this problem now for a good 2 months i play any game and within seconds my computer locks up crashes and a noise comes out of the speakers which differs from time to time and a high pitch noise comes from the actual machine (Not sure which part) the games i have played and this has happened are world of warcraft crysis dawn of war age of empires. a few times a blue screen has flickered up but only for 1 second then it restarts the blue screen rarely happens usually just lock up and freeze.

My system specs are
Windows xp professional 2002 service pack 3
2GB RAM
Nvidia 8800 GT
Intel pentium dual core processor 2ghz x2
500W power supply

The things i have done to try to resolve this are unbelievable
I have payed £25 for a format and reinstall
I have checked all of the fans and they are pristine clean 0 dust
i have uninstalled and reinstalled all games
Brought bullguard anti virus which i have put on the second i reinstalled and reformatted
Rang all of the games companies and followed all advice
Downloaded all latest drivers for my GFX card

And now this is my final hope i need an expert to save me otherwise i am gonna have to end up sending it off somewhere and spending hundreds of pounds on stuff i probably wont need to still find the problem not fixed any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

hey you ought to read this post for that noise that your talking about.. and regarding your problem, ur system specs just about right and the power supply will do so that's probably not the problem. The blue screen or BSOD happens in many ways so i do not need to elaborate on that. you might wanna check out graphic cards settings, you might want to tinker on it a bit. that might do the trick. cause it seems your processor could not cope up with your games or your vcard seems to be heating up real fast thus the lock up/ freeze phenomena. :D hope i helped you on your problem. :D edit: sorry forgot to add the link to the post here it is: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1223

Have you checked your computer's temperatures? It sounds like your video card could be overheating. If not, download HWMonitor or Speedfan, and check your temperatures. Has your computer crashed running any other GPU intensive software other than games? To see your temperatures while your GPU is stressed, you can download something like this

Sorry

Sorry forgot to add something very important must have slipped my mind

All my games work fine offline every single one will run for as long as i want without a glitch the problem occurs the second i go online that is why this problem is sow eird and annoying i have 0 viruses or rootkits or adware this is a fresh system but my computer only crashes and locks up on an online game like on dawn of war on skirmish mode works without a problem i join an online game after 2 mins it crashes locks up noise comes out same with crysis campaign works fine soon as i go on crysis wars crashes straight away it's definitely not an overheating problem as i have speed fan and all my fans are clean and working at full capacity help please? this problem is really weird and annoying since i am paying £9 a month for a game i can't play

Thanks for the help guys appreciate not waiting hours for responses

No it's not overheating all temperatures are low and fans are working fine and i have speedfan and i know it's not overheating as i have said the games will work perfectly offline no crashes but when i go online then it crashes within seconds

I never knew such a thing existed i'm with sky internet i'm not sure what to do it makes sense i've never updated anything to do with the internet and it has been running rather slow lately

Nah just checked on skys website no such thing as drivers for my netgear router so this isn't the problem i'm really stuck with this :S

You would get the drivers from the Netgear website, not sky. Is your computer plugged directly into your router, or is it wireless. If it's wireless, what is the brand an model of your wireless adapter. If not, what is the brand and make of your router?

hi woollster00, i have got the exact same problem as you on the same games except from crisis, as i play battlefield 2 its pissing me off about WAR as im paying for it too..
i have also checked the loads and cpu temps there all fine.
i am also using the same graphics card as you nvidia 8800gt and have got all the latest drivers, i am also with sky broadband and it is running terrible lately max direct download speed is 50kb/s on a 8mb line

but i have tried my computer with dvd converters and they use alot of cpu memory and no problems just the usual running slow.

but im using the sky router what come. i was also using a belkin router and have got the same problem, so im not sure if it is the router. i am also virus free as i have done a re install of windows

so i think it may elimate that problem please help me guys im ready to chuck my pc in the bin and build a new one :O

p.s do you get and error messsage when you try to open your hard drive?

yeah i have done a complete format and re installed a new copy of win xp sp 2

still got the same problem....

woollster did you ahve to download a .dll file for warhammer?>

hi i think i have found the problem search your .dll files and find d3dx9_34.dll its the .dll file for WAR and other games....not sure
most games work without it but you should be able to find it on the internet somewere, but be carefull the few i got from the net developed the same problem. i hope this works for you. i got this on fixing that pesky .dll file.

There are quite a few different ways that d3dx9_34.dll errors may show up on your computer. Some of the more common d3dx9_34.dll error messages are listed below:

* "D3DX9_34.DLL Not Found"

* "File d3dx9_34.dll not found"

* "The file d3dx9_34.dll is missing"

* "D3DX9_34.DLL is missing. Replace D3DX9_34.DLL and try again."

* "D3dx9_34.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."

* "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll could not be found!"

D3dx9_34.dll errors typically appear when a software program, usually a game, is started. Occasionally, d3dx9_34.dll errors will display after a game is loaded but right before the game starts.

In non-game applications, a d3dx9_34.dll error might appear before the program starts or before certain advanced graphics features of the program are used.
Cause of D3dx9_34.dll Errors
D3dx9_34.dll issues are caused in one way or another by a single issue - a problem with Microsoft DirectX 9.

The d3dx9_34.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX 9 software package. Since DirectX is used by most Windows based games and graphics programs, d3dx9_34.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Resolution
Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_34.dll DLL file from any "DLL download site." There are a many different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

Note: If you've already downloaded d3dx9_34.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with the following steps.

1. Restart your computer if you haven't yet done so.

The d3dx9_34.dll error might be a one-time issue and a restart could clear it up completely. It's unlikely this will fix the problem, but restarting is always a good first troubleshooting step.

2. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX 9. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX 9 will fix the d3dx9_34.dll not found error.

Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX 9 without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.

Note: Are you a Windows Vista user with DirectX 10? Your game or program may still need DirectX 9 files to run properly so give the installation a try. Don't worry, both versions of DirectX can be run side by side in Windows Vista.

3. Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_34.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application CD or DVD. Most likely, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX 9 on the installation disc.

Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.

4. Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something may have happened to the files in the program that work with d3dx9_34.dll and a reinstall could do the trick.

5. Restore the d3dx9_34.dll file from the DirectX 9 software package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_34.dll error, try extracting the d3dx9_34.dll individually from the DirectX 9 package.

Applies To
The d3dx9_34.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.

Some common games that have been known to generate d3dx9_34.dll errors include Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Crysis, Need for Speed Pro Street, Project 64 (a N64 emulator), Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Savage 2: A Tortured Soul, WARHAMMER and more.

ignore this bit lol

There are quite a few different ways that d3dx9_34.dll errors may show up on your computer. Some of the more common d3dx9_34.dll error messages are listed below:

* "D3DX9_34.DLL Not Found"

* "File d3dx9_34.dll not found"

* "The file d3dx9_34.dll is missing"

* "D3DX9_34.DLL is missing. Replace D3DX9_34.DLL and try again."

* "D3dx9_34.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."

* "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll could not be found!"

D3dx9_34.dll errors typically appear when a software program, usually a game, is started. Occasionally, d3dx9_34.dll errors will display after a game is loaded but right before the game starts.

In non-game applications, a d3dx9_34.dll error might appear before the program starts or before certain advanced graphics features of the program are used.
Cause of D3dx9_34.dll Errors
D3dx9_34.dll issues are caused in one way or another by a single issue - a problem with Microsoft DirectX 9.

The d3dx9_34.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX 9 software package. Since DirectX is used by most Windows based games and graphics programs, d3dx9_34.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Resolution
Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_34.dll DLL file from any "DLL download site." There are a many different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

Note: If you've already downloaded d3dx9_34.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with the following steps.

p.s delete warhammer, and any other games that use the bloody d3dx9_34.dll file. and re install direct 9.0c before the games

peace out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back