My computer crashes and I have done everything to stop it

andrew1990

So When I am playing league of legends every so often my computer screen goes black and the speakers emit a loud errrrrrrrrrr sound.
The problem has gotten worse because I am now playing Dragon Nest and everyone hour of gameplay the computer crashes.

I have cleaned out my computer, no dust what so ever, even have a fan at the side of my computer with the two fans that are already built in.

People have told me this and that but no one is helping really.

This is what I have computer wise.

An XFX 750I Intel 775 DDR2 Motherboard
8 GB of ram which are DDR2
2 geforce gtx 285 nvidia graphic cards that are sli bridged.
And an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU QB8200 @ 2.33GHZ
System is 64 bit
Running Windows 7 Ultimate

Now what I have tried is doing a Furmarks test and in 2 minutes I get to 100 celcius

I have no problem dropping 300 bucks for a coolant system but if I have to do that I want to make sure that it is a heating problem and not a compatibility problem or something.

Also I have uninstalled my graphic drivers and reinstalled with site updates from nvidia.

And I have gone into my event viewer and found this critical error that is at the same time as when my computer crashes.

Kernel-power 41

All the variables are 0 though.
The site says that this happens when the computer turns off unexpectedly and it fills in a 0 which means that it isn't a power problem cause that would be a numbered response.

This is problem for me. And I might just be to deep in my frustration to be over looking or being able to find a way. I can't even find out if my gear is compatible with itself. I am getting some kool aid for myself right now. Please if anyone can help let me know I will be checking this hourly.

Oh and also I have direct X and all required software for my games.
And I have uninstalled and redownloaded and reinstalled my games multiple times but still have the same problem.

Now what I have tried is doing a Furmarks test and in 2 minutes I get to 100 celcius
Where?
Depending on your answer, that's probably too hot. Actually, it's probably to hot no matter what your answer is.

That defeats the purpose of sli xD
But if it is a defective graphic card then it better go then :O

Though this same problem happened when I had one of them. Then I switched to the other and it still happened. So I sli them together cause it just didn't make a difference in the end.

I will take the bottom one out and run through the ropes again and get back to you. Thanks for the help so far.

Both graphic cards get to 100c within 2 minutes.
Didn't mean to assume anything sorry if i offended.
So they are the same in terms of what happens.
Your vote is for coolant system? :O

I'm going to guess that your card is getting too hot.
You do know that 100C is rather high right?
If you can, turn up your fanspeed.

What case are you using?

What cooling does the said case have?

How long have you been using the two cards paired? Is it doing it since you installed the second card, or have they been running fine until recently?

How old are the GPUs? Have you ever cleaned them?

Your case could be your very reason for the problem. Especially since removing one of them gives you three times longer between crashes.

On the face of that alone I'd suspect heat being the issue.

Sorry, I mean't on the face of it I would suspect his case (e.g. lack of cooling) was the issue. :haha:

So I downloaded speedfan while I am waiting for my new case and I set everything to 100 percent.
Needless to say it didn't help xD

Oh for the case I was able to get a XCLIO A380PLUS-BK Fully Black 1.0mm SECC/ ABS ATX Full Tower Computer Case Hoping this has enough fans to work xDDDD

Wait, I don't understand why that's needless to say?
Shouldn't that help?
You can also clock down your cards. Or run your computer with the side off, and use an external fan to blow on it.

Or run your computer with the side off, and use an external fan to blow on it.

Now thats pure ghetto right there! :haha:

Purely for inspiration.......

500x_misusefanpic.jpg

So I got the case and installed everything and still my computer crashes.
I am playing games with speed fan on my monitor and I am getting into the high 80C
Before I crashed.

:/
Is it just not good enough cooling or is this a different problem?

Back