My computer crashes at will

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new motherboard; ASRock G31M-S R2.0, a DDR2 2GB RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GT 220 graphics card which requires a minimum powersupply of 300w. Ever since I had all these components installed I have been having problems installing an OS especially win 7. It brings up an error in the middle of installation and then I'd start over. Eventually, I installed the win 7 but every other thing (software or application) I try to install brings up an error in the middle of the installation and most times after the error, I get a bluescreen, then the pc restarts. I've tried everything...I tried installing with and without the new graphics card, I've tried installing with another RAM, I've tried installing on another drive etc...still, I get the same error. I don't know what exactly is giving the problem...whether it's the graphics card, the RAM, the motherboard, the Hard-drive or the power pack. I can't install anything and then the occasional crashes (blue screen). Please any advice, it's driving me crazy.

My PC configuration is; Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 4400 @ 2.00GHz 1.95GHz
RAM: 2.00GB
32 bit Operating System
My Graphics Card Specs: BFG Nvidia GeForce GT 220
PCI Express, 1024MB(1GB) DDR3
Core Clock: 625MHz

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

my minidump

Attached here are the five most recent minidump files.

Attachments

• 052210-22640-01.zip
    149.2 KB · Views: 3
looks like a memory handle error with win 7
Did the OS install complete without error, what version of win 7, is the cd scratched (not a repack/copy)

Is the RAM single 1G sticks or a 2G stick?
sorry for the questions but need to know to TS the issue.

To add to what tkr3alm3r has said, have you ever run a harddrive diagnostics to determine if the drive itself might be the issue?

Four of the five minidump files are 0x8E errors and these are almost always caused by hardware (though they can be caused by drivers). The only thing definitively cited was the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys but with what you are experiencing at this point it is doubtful this is your issue.

The win 7 installation completed without errors though that was at the third attempt. I tried installing vista but it gave the same error( the same it gave too on Xp). Its a win 7 ultimate, the cd is not scratched at all. I use a single 2G stick RAM.
I haven't run a diagnostic on the hard drive, can you advise on that? Also of note is the fact that I have tried installing on other hard drives to determine if it's a problem from the new hard drive.

Go to your harddrive manufacture's website and find their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Run the tests. This will take a long time but well worth it even if it no problems/issues are reported.

The OS has crashed and won't start up. So now am trying to re-install an OS but its back with the error 0x80070570. It brings up this error when trying to install other OS too.

The OS has crashed and won't start up. So now am trying to re-install an OS but its back with the error 0x80070570. It brings up this error when trying to install other OS too.

the error means there is a missing file on the CD or has become unreadable
try cleaning the CD and see if you can blow out the cd drive or swap to another computer and run an optical drive cleaning CD

I returned the board and bought a gigabyte board instead...turned out it was the was the motherboard giving problems, 'cause the new board works perfectly now with the same components. Thanks for your help and advice...am really grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back