TechSpot

my computer doesn't see firefly removable hard drive

By woodgreen
Sep 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My first post.
    I have Windows 98 SE. I have a plug & play Firefly 20.0gb removable hard drive to store information. When I plug it in I used to see it under my computer.. Now I don't see it. I also don't see the fork like icon for the firefly in my system tray. Now I don't see it. So I can't add or remove information. How can I correct the problem?
  2. woodgreen

woodgreen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 71

My Computer doesn't see firefly removable hard drive

No one has to answer this anymore. My Firefly(portable Hard drive) couldn't be seen by my old computer/Win. 98. It's too late. I needed to use the firefly to backup more files before my computer died. Little did I know how soon. The computer H.D. died & the power supply also 9-30-5. Too expensive to repair since I wanted Win.XP & a DVD/cd/=/-rw burner too. So we just bought a new computer.. Now I see my firefly.. I found out the fork like icon was the USB port icon. Thanks for the great website.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.