My computer freezes during games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this problem where my computer freezes up after som few minutes of playing in any game i have. The screen gets black and shows "analog - digital" in the upper left corner. The speakers alsow makes a "drrrrrrrrrrr" sound, so i will need to restart my computer.
I have updated the grafic card driver and the motherboard drivers.

I really want to play Black and white 2 more the 2 minutts before the computer freezes.
So i hope you guys can help me out here :)

Hey ==Arty==, Welcome to Techspot!.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Fill out your system specs in your profile, and post the information on, or a screenshot of ur PSU sticker. A typical PSU sticker looks like this. Alternatively, if you have an OEM PC like an HP Pavilion or a Dell Dimension, give us the model number. Only then can we help you better. :)

It was my brother who built the Computer so i dont know all the specs.
But here is what i know:

Grafic card: ASUS Extreame AX800XL
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+
PCU: Nortq Model: NQ-4775-500 (im not allowed to place out a link so copy the model name and search on google pictures and you will see the PCU sticker)
Motherboard: Epox Model: EP-9NPA+Ultra

Hope this is enough for you to understand more, if not tell me what more I need to find and I'll find it somehow :)

Your motherboard is an excellent one and I doubt it is the cause of your problem. Ditto with the CPU. I suspect it is to do with either your PSU or your video card. Just to confirm if it's the PSU, download Everest Home Edition or use the Hardware Monitor in the BIOS to find out at what level the +12V voltage is. If it's below 90% of it's total voltage i.e. below 11.8V or so and fluctuating constantly, you have an overloaded PSU and you'll have to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back