My Computer gets a blue physical dump screen every time i try to burn a DVD

By dapoet247
May 19, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need some help pleez!!! every time i try to burn a dvd i get a blue physical dump screen that wont go away unless i manually press the power button and shut down the computer... i used to be able to burn just fine but now no matter what burning software i use it crashes... i am a noob i need of help... thanx
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Most optical drives only last a year. Heavily used ones can wear out in six months. It may be time ro replace it... Shopping around, you can find good Samsung, LG, LiteOn, and Pioneer for as low as $22 to $24 plus tax and shipping.
  3. dapoet247

dapoet247 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

but the drive lets me burn cds and 360 isos so idk why it wouldnt work... i heard something about conflicting drivers or sumthing like that
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,361   +167

5. dapoet247

dapoet247 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i tried that but every time i try to unzip the regjump file to the location specified it says access denied
  6. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,361   +167

You must be running Vista or Win 7? Try unzipping to your Desktop then just drag the file from your Desktop to that folder and tell Windows it's OK when it asks
  7. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

The computers we see in our four shops with this condition most frequently have optical drives, either CDRW or DVDRW that are too badly worn, or have had way too much use.
    And it is cheaper to replace them than to repair them
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.