My Computer gets the BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kin3tic

I've done the memtest already and passed it.

Checked computer temps with speedfan; they're all cool:
System: 35C
CPU: 34C
HD0-1: 34C
Core 0-3: 37C.

I haven't done ANY overclocking and probably wont.

Updated my bios to the latest one.

The latest dump in the zip is the one where I turned off automatic restart to see the BSOD and read the error. The other two were the ones where I didn't know what had happened since it was too fast for me. The latest dump was when I was playing bioshock, the others where when I was just surfing the internet.

I was looking around for similar problems to mine and It kind of made me think it was a video card driver issue associated with ATi. So this might not be the right spot to post this but yeah.

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:
BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 2060013, 87b11430}
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys
PROCESS_NAME: System

BugCheck 10000050, {bad0b148, 0, 805bb452, 2}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: System

Vsdatant.sys driver from Zone Labs

Try uninstalling Zone Alarm. We get lots of user faults from this firewall

Alright I uninstalled it.

But upon restarting I got another bsod.

I should of wrote it down. I assumed it would of been in my event viewer but it isn't. And it didn't make a .dmp file.

Is there anything else I can do to see if I get BSOD still? My computer has been alright idling so far.

I tried stressing my video card with ATItools artifact error test. Going to try 3Dmark06 batch size test.

It didn't crash during the Batch Size Test on the highest triangle setting for 30minutes.

However, when doing the entire test it did crash.

Here's the minidump.

After I came back to check up on it my monitor was showing jumbled colors. Kind of like a plaid shirt.

BugCheck EA, {89e4d7c8, 88617dd8, 89fb58e0, 1}
Probably caused by : ati2dvag.dl
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_FAULT
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xEA
PROCESS_NAME: ati2evxx.exe
BugCheck EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

From quickly googling "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER"

The problem IS my video card? Should I try the previous drivers (8.8, 8.7, possibly 8.6?)

I was asking for help in another forums and they suggested to me that I:
1. Uninstall drivers through device manager
2. Restart in VGA mode
3. Install drivers
4. Reboot.

Should I do the same for the previous drivers?

Sorry was rushing around before, and I thought you might go offline, so I just posted the results.

1. Uninstall the drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers.

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

Before I do this,

Would adjusting the fanspeed for my video card with Rivatuner be a fault or is it fully a driver issue/video card hardware issue?

Because I'm using the low-level system settings to lower the fan speed since it howls like you wouldn't believe. I'm using the exact same settings suggested in http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033029086&postcount=10 for linear mode 2.

Also I can assume I can rule out over heating, right? During load it's only 60C and thats when my fan picks up to 1100rpm, linearly increasing.

Have a look at ArcticSilver Instructions

I say re-thermal paste the CPU
The fan shouldn't be howling

Also can't see how that's the fault, unless your CPU is faulty (which it could be, from possible over heating!)

Must go, please let me know, in Reply, how it all went. Good luck :)

I checked around and people have their Q6600 running way higher than mine.

Mines idle right now at ~34C for all three. During the tests I did it went up to ~46C. According to speedfan.

So I ruled that out, I guess.

I'll let you know how it goes I'm just getting some confirmation on somethings before I do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back