My computer has become unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
my computer has become unstable even after a format and clean install, it sometimes just loads the welcome screen then goes back to the post screen , this will happen 2 or 3 times then it seems to run ok, the error I get is - BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

Which means nothing to me just wondering if any of you guys can help please??
TIA

This is usually just a driver issue

Please update all your Computer's or Motherboard's drivers, from your manufacture's support page.

For further help please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

Can you boot to Safe Mode? Press F8 after POST and select Safe Mode and see if you get to the Desktop without error.

-- Andy

And what to do in SafeMode?

Here's another way of saying that (well a better way!)

Start your computer in Safe Mode by repeatiely pressing F8 before Windows startup, then selecting Safe Mode

In Safe Mode go to Device Manager (Start->Run->Devmgmt.msc)
Check if there are any queried drivers (yellow exclamation marks shown)
If yes, right click on the dvice then remove it

Restart back to normal mode

Please note, as I've already asked for you System specs, and confirmed this is a driver issue, I will need further information about your system to continue analysis

just had another crash I forgot this one it goes into windows fine then as you are working it resets to post screen just about straight away about 20-30 seconds in ... that crash brought this -

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : BABE7A2C BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BA3AB35C
BCP4 : 00000002 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

My system is one i built myself with no previous issues at all -

P4 3.00
1 gig ram
Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard
2 sata hd's a maxtor and a seagate AFAIR

Had no i ssues till just recently no problems in device manager at all everything fine the latest drivers for motherboard,graphics card and sound are installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back