My computer infected "Trojan.KillAV"

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowing

Hello ? My computer is infected "Trojan.KillAV"
Today, I test my computer if there are virus and spywares.
I used AVG FREE Antivirus, SS&D, AD-Aware, and AVG Antispyware.
However, AVG Antispyware detected Trojan.KillAV
First log is:
View attachment Report-Scan-20070313-184039.txt

After seen it, I followed instruction: Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions by howard_hopkinso.

The result is:
View attachment 14694
View attachment 14695

Please, help my computer.
I have to transfer my files to DVD. I don't have enough free space. I need your help.

From
neowing

I take it Netzero is your ISP?

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)

O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload &with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddLink.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all video with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddVideo.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddAllLink.htm

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of neowing only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I followed steps you gave me.
However, what about "Infected files in AVG Anti-Spyware's Quarantine" ?
Do I have to delete them ?
And do you still need "new HJT Log" ?

There are no quarantined files in you AVG Antispyware log. Only a trojan in one of your system restore points. That`s why I advised you to turn off system restore, then turn it back on again.

Unless you have any further problems, I don`t need to see another HJT log.

This thread is for the use of neowing only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I checked my log. As you said, there are no quarantined files.
But I checked AVG Antispyware in infections->Quarantine.
I can see two files that infected with Trojan.KillAV.

Also, I think you didn't check my first log that is located on the first section

When I found that my computer infected by Trojan.KillAV:

:mozilla.33:C:\Documents and Settings\MoonSuk Jung\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dp0y2wun.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
:mozilla.34:C:\Documents and Settings\MoonSuk Jung\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dp0y2wun.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
:mozilla.35:C:\Documents and Settings\MoonSuk Jung\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dp0y2wun.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgsin.exe -> Trojan.KillAV : No action taken.

::Report end

Next, I followed instrction and post HJT Log and AVG Antispyware.
That one was infected in the system restore point.

What do I have to do ? Delete it or not ?

As you can see and yes I did check your first AVG Antispyware log. All the results said no action taken.

In your second AVG Antispyware log, which you did after following the instructions, only a system restore point was infected, again it quite clearly said, no action taken. That means, after you`d followed the instructions, the infection was deleted already.

Turning off system restore, then turning it back on will have deleted that infection in your system restore point, as I stated in my post #2.

None of your AVG Antispyware logs, show anything as being quarantined.

As far as I`m concerned, your system is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back