TechSpot

My computer is infected with spyware/malware

By hpatel28
Sep 20, 2008
  1. My computer is infected with spyware/malware. When I click on a google search list, I am redirected to website other then the search link. Prior to that I had some other virus/spyware/malware that the PC was infected with, I use Webroot to take some of the virus out, but seems like this one is not being removed with Webroot.

I have followed all the steps mentioned in the 8-Step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions and am attaching the logs. Please help me.

Thanks,
    hpatel

2. hpatel28

hpatel28 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Please verify the logs

Hi, I would appreciate if someone can take a look at the logs and tell me if I have gotten rid of the virus/spyware/malware.

Thanks, much appreciate your help.

3. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 931

Here is a bump if it is wanted.

If problems are still evident, post fresh HJT log.

Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    I found no other reference in HJT log.  
    Common Name : Windows Installer; legit path & filename
    Notation made to inform user to run HJT in a "quiet" environment.
    Back Web has legit standing BUT there are detractors.
    O18 - Protocol: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll

"Quiet" environment for HJT keeps user initiated applications to a minimum. The focus is on what the system looks like at startup.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.