My computer is not recogninzing my hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prluver

Hello, recently my laptop (compaq V200) has been acting up so decided to install a new windows xp. I chose to reformat hard drive ntsf(quick) during the BIOS windows setup. But by doing this I can't log on to the computer to continue the setup. I get a blue screen saying:

"Probem has detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.........Check for viruses on you computer. Remove any newsly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to ake sure it is populerly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corrumption, and then restart your computer. Techinical information: STOP; 0X0000007B (0XF7A1B528, 0X000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Replace the hard drive... With a little luck this should solve your problem. If not, it could be your motherboard

As part of checking your hard drive, your RAM, etc advise you make certain ALL the cables and cards (memory, video, etc) are securely seated to your motherboard

just as fyi.. i have a friend who recently started having similar BSOD issues after 2 years. Turned out Dell never seated the memory cards securely (they weren't "latched") and it just took 2 years before the cards worked their way loose to cause problems!

As part of checking your hard drive, your RAM, etc advise you make certain ALL the cables and cards (memory, video, etc) are securely seated to your motherboard

just as fyi.. i have a friend who recently started having similar BSOD issues after 2 years. Turned out Dell never seated the memory cards securely (they weren't "latched") and it just took 2 years before the cards worked their way loose to cause problems!

I would check everything CPU (make sure heatsink and fans is not clog with dust). Also after a few years HDDs do fail.

While (hopefully) one of the suggestions will help you locate the problem, just fyi those Stop 0x0000007B" errors in XP can result from soooo many different things. See this post from MS as well for your reference

Does the bios during start up recognise the hard disk? If so and you are getting a blue screen then it could be that the quick re-formatting that you did messed up either your MFT or MBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back