My computer is screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i have a laundry list of problems going on.. My start button is missing all sorts of stuff.. My clock is wrong and says viris alert next to it...I have a button on my computer that allows me to get to my computer, but my c: and d: drive are missing.. my desktop screen flashes active desktop recovery. alt ctrl del doesn't work..says it's disabled by my admin (i am the admin and i didn't disable it)..if i right click and go to screen properties its some menu i haven't seen before with no options on it.. HELP...the only way i am sending you this is through my sisters computer...HIjackthis didn't work either...other malware programs go to fix the problems and can't because it says my admin won't let me delete anything out of my registry...

Thanks for any help,

Jon

Any chance of you putting it in 'safemode' at all?

If its saying active desktop see if you can click yes to restore then run an antivirus software to remove the virus.

Please wait for more experienced help.

If you can run any programs run the tools below and post back the logs

ComboFix

• Download ComboFix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.

Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

---------------------------------------

SmitfraudFix

• Download SmitFraudFix to your deskop
  • reboot your computer in Safe Mode (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually)
  • Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
  • Select 2 and hit Enter to delete infect files.
  • You will be prompted: Do you want to clean the registry ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.
  • The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found): Replace infected file ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.
  • A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt (Attach the log to your next reply)

-------------------------------------

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Same problem here

It happened to me last night. im getting weird virus alert popups and stuff, it says "virus alert" in the lower right hand corner, my start menus missing the "all programs" buttons, as well as everything on the right, such as my computer, control panel, etc. it also gives me the message " the computer administrator has disabled this action" or something like that. i tried first to use system restore, but apparently this virus has screwed that up as well. the system restore screen(which i can access only through safe mode) has only 1 entry...shortly after the virus commenced destroying my computer. i cant back up a month or anything. its really screwed up. im going to go home tonight and try what was posted here already, and keep my fingers crossed:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back