My Computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!

I own a PC with Windows XP and it keeps crashing. Actually yesterday it kept crashing and today it kept on freezing and I had to take out the battery to reboot and when I did a blue screen, as did yesterday, keeps showing up. The blue screen just flashes and all I can read is that there was a system error. Then a black screen states that it shut down to prevent from further corruption. Also, it has the option of starting in safe mode, last config, or startup normally. It will only boot up when I click last config. However, if I open Mozilla Firefox, the latest version, which I usually use, it crashes after a short period of time. It sends an error report and restarts. So far Firefox lasted and I am typing to you now.
What do I do? I downloaded Registry Easy and scanned it once. I tried again for a second scan after successfully completing it one time and it froze, which led me to start up again.

Help!!!! I have alot of important files on this computer.

Also, I can not open Internet Explorer without a dialogue box showing. Microsoft Windows opened a tutorial:
However, I can not open the Windows Update. Even in Firefox, when I click on Windows update the tab that opens is an Internet Explorer one.

@jeffricker You should create you own New Thread just for you. This will avoid me saying Try this.. Oh I meant for you to try this, not.... (ie Confusion)
(Edit: post deleted by author So I removed them from the thread)

@webreakthedawn. No you do not need to download UBCD if you can now get at your important data.
As you presently have access to it, it may be best to backup now (externally to CD or USB drive or somewhere) as yesterday this was your biggest concern.

You asked about possible over heating and Internet Explorer faults and what to do.
It seems to me that it is likely that your computer may be dusty or that CPU requires re-pasting or the Motherboard itself could be faulty. I have addressed all these issues in this => Guide. As this needs to be addressed first.

But regarding IE.
Internet Explorer may require an => IE Reset It may be best that you continue on to: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions As "Registry Fixing" is not ideal, especially if Malware is present.

I would also suggest that you use an excellent Antivirus such as Avira
I have found that programs such as Norton or AVG and even File Sharing programs can cause more harm than good on a Users computer. If you have these installed it would be best for you to remove them.

If you decide to go through the 8-Step Malware removal guide, you will need to create a New Thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum

As we are presently in the BSOD Help & Support forum. I would suggest you also have a Read here => All about Minidumps and attaching them If you do happen to have any Minidumps in C:\Windows\Minidump folder. As sometimes it is a particular Driver or even Memory (Ram issue

Note: I have created quite a few links above, all of them will take you to threads and guides with further help.

----------------------------------------------------------
Moderator Edit:
Don't do that again webreakthedawn
You posted 5 Posts in a row!
1 Post saying you need to post another post
1 Post with Pasted CCleaner log ?!
I'm not even going to reply to help you I'm so outraged :mad:
Please note I have been known to Ban for less

Status