My computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry i posted in the wrong section, could a mod please move it?

i've got a dell dimension 3000.
lately i've been getting a blue screen and then the computer restarts.
please help me out. thanks.

Welcome to TS.

So we have more idea as to what is causing the problems can you please attach your 3-4 most recent mini dumps to your next post. They can be found in:

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

If there are a few of them, then you can zip them together to decrease their size.

Have reviewed your files and they both cite 2862WICB.sys as causing the issues. Have attempted to research this process and haven't been able to get much information except being possibly malware related.

At this point I'd recommend running through the 8 step guideline to see what we can uncover. Please attach your logs to a new thread in the Virus and Malware Removal Category

Simplified Malware removal:
Yes, this computer is infected. Download and run free Malwarebytes, Glary Utilities and CCleaner. If you need a antivirus program, download and install Avast Home.Turn off System Restore, by going into Control Panel, Advanced, Protection and uncheck the box "enable system restore". Ignore the pop up messages for now. After running all the scans and correcting any nasties found, restart your system and run the scans again. If Avast reports a "nastie" select "move and rename" every time. When the scans are clean, turn system restore back on

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't the 8 step instructions the guidelines for preliminary malware removal and then we move onto an alternative route?

Just curious, haven't been here as long as you

This is the procedure I use for severe but functional malware infections. As you know, System Restore saves a copy of the Nasties so that they can return on the next system boot up. There are infections that are so severe that you can't scan at all... This is where the 8 step approach comes in. If this fails, a format and clean OS install is required. A format and fresh install takes 2 hours, an 8 step scan can take 8 plus hours. The 8 steps are good, but some steps are rarly needed

Update: For the majority of the week i've been crash free. But a couple of hours ago I went to check something on the stove and I come back to a restarted computer. I logged in and I got the error report pop up. It said something about a faulty driver, it may be my SMC2862W-G EZ Connect™ g adapter.
I don't know how to solve this problem, it'd be great if someone could help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back