My computer keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new to this site but it seems promising and I am hoping someone can assist me.
My computer keeps freezing. I have run all of the virus programs, adware programs and spybot. I have looked at the svchost.exe files and found nothing in caps. I have reviewed the cpu usuage and it is 2 to 4 percent. I have defraged the hard drive, and I am attaching the Hijacking log.
Can someone please tell me what is the problem here. I thought I have eliminated a virus but someone told me the svchost.exe virus is not seen by the usual programs.
HELP!!!
Thanks

check your ram with memtest 86+ booted from a floppy/CD for at least 7 passes. Check your PSU for proper voltages with a multimeter. Check your temps. Check your drivers and BIOS versions.

You could try unistalling the Java component - I had a system with the same symptoms which was cured once Java was removed.

computer freezing

Hi again,
I have removed java from the computer but the freezing is still occuring. A friend of mine suggested I reinstall my windows xp. does anyone know if this is a worthy undertaking since it is a lot of work. I am not sure how to check my BIOS and drivers??
Thanks

OK - not Java. Sorry for the wrong suggestion.
Next have a look at the Event viewer (Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management) for both Application and System events with a red blob and Error. See if there is any consistency with any errors and when the system freezes. If it is software it could show something here.

Glad someone suggested the Event Viewer. This is an excellent place to try and track down the reason for an unknown problem.

Look for errors occurring about the time of the freezes. Ignore Warnings, unless they do not resolve. If you see an Error> right click> Properties> this shows Event#, Source & Description> click on Copy button directly below the up & down arrows top right> paste anywhere you are allowed to type (Wordpad, Notepad or here) with a Ctrl V and/or check the # and Source at these sites for help: (you do not need to include the many lines of code after the Description)

http://www.eventid.net/search.asp
http://www.monitorware.com/en/events/

There is a Microsoft site in blue on the Properties page, but I have found most to be dead links.

Please include your system specs- OS, browser+version, Installed RAM, Hard Drive size, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back