My computer restarts at the loading screen 1-2 times before starting will this damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sspeedy43

im new but i work with computers a lot and i just cant get over this problem in my computer i start up everything goes normal then at the windows xp loading screen i get a flash of a stop screen then instintly restarts and it does that 1-2 times before it works. i recently got more ram (pc100) the error is:STOP0x0000008e Please help!!!

My computer works (obviosly) but i am afriad it will get damaged
I have a old computer is that maybe why
thank you in advance

Take a look at the following directory for .dmp files, C:\Windows\Minidump. Zip them up and attach them to your next post.

Have you tried removing the new RAM to see if your issues clear up and/or testing it with Memtest86 for a minimum of 7 passes?

ill try do i just download it from them and i willl only have 64mg bytes of ram if i remove the other is that okay like enough for the test

The process "win32k.sys" and "memory_corruption" are most frequently cited within those dumps as being the cause of the error. Given those results, I would definitely test your RAM with Memtest86.

oh and if this helps i recently got new ram (well old from other computer but just added it to mine) and when it was set to 3 cycle timing for sdram it would work and say i had 128 mg of ram and it restarted then said windows has recoverd from a sieroas error then immediatly said win32 bl bla has to restart and i couldent even do anything then i set it to 2 and works and only says i have 112 mem wierd huh but now it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back