Before anything else here's the specs of my pc

Asus P5KPL-AMSE mobo
intel dual core 2.6 ghz
300 gb seagate hard drive
samsung dvd rom
2 gb memory kingston
1 gb 9500 gt graphics card
500 watts power supply

I just bought my pc 4 months ago. At first games are functioning well (bioshock heroes of newerth fear) but later on I think after 2 months, games started to restart and their are no blue screens in it. I brought it to where i bought my pc and they checked it. They said it can be the OS because they checked every piece of hardware in my pc and their was no problem. I tried to reformat it but it still restarts in any game. Well I think the games im installing is compatible to my computer specs. I tried playing in low quality and updated my driver to the latest(197.13 for the graphics card) but still it has no effect. I even bought an extra fan because maybe its overheating.

I appreciate your help. Thank you

Have you checked you system logs for clues?

If not, then please go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and open Event Viewer, go through all logs; especially ones with red or yellow tags and see what these tell you.

Which Windows you are using?

thanks for the reply archean

Im using windows XP professional service pack 3

These are the latest errors in my event viewer

application:
faulting application fearxp2.exe, version 1.0.4847.0 faulting module
d3d9.dll version 5.3.2600.5512 fault address 0x000f7e64

hanging application hon_update.exe

I have several of these errors in my system:
the following boot start or system start driver(s) failed to load
SRTSP
SRTSPX

I would advise you to uninstall your graphic card's drivers, then run Driver Cleaner Pro and completely remove any traces of all previously installed drivers; then reboot.

Then download latest drivers from nvidia.com and reinstall graphic card drivers.

Also, download latest directx version for your os to update your installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back