My Computer says no sound device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentOrange

My sister put together this computer as she has upgraded, so pretty unfamiliar with it. And all of a sudden it has no sound coming from it..? So I have done all I can by reading similar problem posts but alas am obviously out of my league with this problem, but promise I have given it quite a few hours of following posts and their advice…

Thanks BIKHeartWolfe for reading my long post...

Ok sorry guys I have deleted my Biblical sized post and will try again....

Ok sorry guys I have deleted my Biblical sized post and will try again.....this time with my Frontal Lobe attached to the rest of my brain...!!

Their is alot more but didn't want to annouy any one by posting the whole lot as I can only post 10,000 characters at a time ...Paul

:)

Take the notepad file and when posting to TechSpot use the paper clip icon (above message area) to attach the file to your post. (vs paste) If you';re not seeing paper clicp you need go to Advanced view (should be a button for that BELOW message area)

am we;ll get it fixed tho maybe not till tomorrow

Sorry all.......!!

Ok thanks guys for bearing with me...

I have done what you suggested and attached the DXDiag result file to this post
Take Care and Happy New Year & Big Thanks to all...

Paul Bruton

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    48 KB · Views: 6
just did a quick glance

Before addressing your sound card problem looks like you're missing chipset drivers (some of which can be apre-requisite before anything can even connect to sound card)

If need be, will follow up tomorrow.

have a happy one, everyone :)

Thanks for looking guy's

Just attaching my original messege to this post, this time as an attached file, very sorry about the long posts, I will attempt to learn as I go.....Sorry again. Just seems strange that the sound was working perfectly ok one minute then when I turned to Pc on again the next day their was no sound..?

Solved...Thanks........

Thanks LookinAround I had too download chipset software . Install and reboot after the install was completed.

Then download RealTek AC'97 audio codec, Install, and reboot when the install has finished.

Paul...........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back