My computer shuts off randomly during games

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i am playing games on my p.c. such as cod4 and fallout 3 my computer will just turn itself off. it worked up until my brother installed "pc booster" he messed around on that. when i went to play it worked for about 5 minutes then turned off i tried and tried and it did the same thing. even after uninstalling "pc booster" it still didn't work. also when i reboot i some times get the blue screen of death and it takes me a few tries to get it to boot up. is this due to pc booster or something else? p.s it doesn't happen when Im not playing games. it has happened before but started to work again. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

this is my specs :
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory:
2046MB RAM
Hard Drive:
250 GB
Video Card:
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO
Monitor:
LG L196W(Digital)

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Try System Restore to the date/entry for installing PC Booster. This will undo any registry changes made by that ***** program!

In future, never use any of these performance enhancing or "overclocking" programs. This is procisely what can happen.

Repost of the System Restore doesn't work.

-- Andy

thanks andy. i know i hate programs like that and don't worry my brother has lost his internet so that wont happen again. thanks for the quick reply xD
seems to have worked so far thanks for the help again

- joe :)

i would send booze but im affraid it didnt work. my computer is just buggered. it need a new hard drive and a new power pack so thanks for the help but its life has ended.i wont give up though the blue screen of death will not keep me down.

What does the BSOD report? You may not need new hardware. Let's try to determine what's causing the BSOD.

-- Andy

Get a temperature monitoring program I use a free one called core temp, now if your not running over 70c core temperature you are probably ok on your temp. Now then go to your video cards website and update your drivers. Go to your mobo site and repeat. Make sure windows is fully up to date. And if that doesn't work these experts here will help you out :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back