My computer turns off when in the middle of something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems with my computer turning off on me when i am working on something, i check the power supply and it was fine, then i checked the cableling all over and it worked fine, i try everything i know and nothing happen, please help i went out and bought a new mother board and the nothing powers on, now my cpu fan is not turning on and the other either, the switch stays on when it goes off, please help here.

Typically caused by one of two potential problems:

1. Thermal overload - safety circuit shuts system down

2. Faulty or underpowered PSU.

I agree with Ted. It is likely a Power Supply problem. When you are doing something that creates a load on the computer stressing the components when the components don't get enough juice. The computer resets of turns of. So get a different PSU.

Why does everyone always blame the Motherboard?

You can't go by your CPU fan. Get a $12 PSU tester at circuit city and check the PSU. preferably one that allows you to use a voltmeter. If you don't have one of those, get one.

if you're not comfortable or unsure, just replace the PSU.

Yes, I Have Tried Different Psu And Still I Have The Same Problem, Could It Be The Cpu, Its A Pentium 4 Could They Get Burn Out Or What Could It Be? Please Help Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back