My computer will not boot-up

andoyan

Hello Everyone,

My PC , when I turned it on this moring it started to boot up to a point that it asked for my password. before i have a chance to put my password in, it restared it self and it came to a window that asks you if you wanted to start your computer in "Safe mode", "Normal Mode" and so on... The normal mode was highlighted and i hit enter to restart the computer on Normal Mode but the clock that was counting down stopped and i couldn't go any further than that. So i then restarted my computer again and when i hit enter on the "Safe Mode" it froze again and wouldn't go any further than that. so basically i can not go pass that window. After that I tried to go to my Bios Step up to see if i can change anything that will allow the computer to boot-up. The only thing i changed was the virus warning from"Disable" to "Enable" but the outcome was the same. Finally I went back to Bios Step up and the key "F7 Optimized Defaults" but i have not changed it as of now because i do not know if it would make it worse or better.

P.S. I have Windows XP Professional on my computer and i would appreciate any and all help that i could get.

Thank You

Back