My computer wont start (black screen, nothing shows up)

Ok guys. Yesterday I was going about my business playing starcraft when a progran called Winflash or something like that started on its own, I didn't start the program. I didn't know what it was or how it got on my computer, may have been there when I got it (this is a new computer).

The program said it was doing something to my ROM or something, I'm not a tech savvy person and I don't remember exactly, but the GUI made it look really suspicious, it wasn't professional looking it looked like crap so I decided it might be malicious. It was heavily slowing down my computer so i quickly control alt deleted and ended the process.

Nothing stopped working, my computer ran fine the rest of the night. I shut it down and went to bed.

This morning I press the power button and absolutely nothing displays on my screen (its a laptop). The monitor is completely black and never displays anything. The power button is glowing so there is power. Every 5 seconds my hard drive makes a noise for about one second, this is followed by my mouse which is plugged into the comp powering up for about 3 seconds, it then powers down and goes black. This cycle seems to continue indefinitely, but nothing ever shows up on my screen and its making no progress towards powering up.

Can someone please help me? I think ending win flash must have really messed up my computer. I can't even open the cd drive... i press the button and it just doesn't open, and I don't have a fresh install cd because the computer didnt come with one. I have no idea how I can possibly get this computer running again. Help!

"I don't have a fresh install cd because the computer didnt come with one"...

What is the laptops make and model number? The recovery software may be on a partition on the hard drive, but if nothing appears on the screen you won't be able to access it anyway. WinFlash may have over-written the motherboards bios incorrectly. If so, you will have to have it serviced professionally

Back