My computer wont start please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek250

hi so one day my computer was working fine the next it wont start..it wont even post the screen doesnt come on and the disc drives dont work....my keyboard and mouse dont come on either..so i have no idea whats wrong could you help

Do any fans spin, are there any lights that are lit including your motherboard, are you plugged into a power suge protector? How old is this system?

Give us your system's hardware specs. If this a prebuilt system such as an HP or Dell, etc. then link us to your particular model.

i have lights on the front of my computer and fans are running...my computer is about 4 years old. im not pluged into a surge protector but it was plugged into a power bar..i cant find the specs online...and what type of specs are you looking for? and it is a prebuilt model a cirtefiyed data

In you future I strongly suggest from a protection point to invest in a good surge protector.

Your symptoms sound like your issue lies with your power supply. Do you have any friends or associates that have working computer tech knowledge?

What company built this system?

Is your particular model anywhere online so that wecan look at it?

And, again, do you have some tech friends who can test your power supply and put a new one in if needed?

ya i do have some friends who could look at it...and i cant find it online iv been looking for a while

ya i do have some friends who could look at it...and i cant find it online iv been looking for a while

Good on the tech friends. Have them test your power supply and connections. Since there is no way for you to find your system online but you have tech friends it is not as imperative for you to link us to us.

Please keep us updated.

120w? Derek is there any way you can tell us what hardware your system has in it, make and model of your motherboard, the make and meory typ of your memory and how much is installed, your video card make and model, harddrive, etc.?

What does the sticker say on the side of your dead psu including make and amount of watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back