TechSpot

My computer won't work

By Dronaldbar
Mar 3, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I was in the process of getting a new graphics card. So I toke out my old one to take in for the employees to look at and determine what a good, but reasonable update would be. Not having enough money yet, I put my card back in the computer and reconnected the power and booted it up... everything turned on, but there is no activity. Monitor says there is no signal and the key board wont work. all the fans and what not are working fine.

Im affraid I have shorted something out, what do I do?? Im reluctant to bring the computer in because well I dont want to spend the much needed money.

Please help, I need my computer up and running for my college course coming up!!

Josh
  2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Could you please post some information regarding your system specs? Do you get any beeps on starting up?

The best way to start would be to first disconnect and then reconnect all components. Also, make sure that you've cleaned out all dust from the system.
  3. Dronaldbar

Dronaldbar TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response! After I posted the thread I actually went ahead and started the clean up, disconnection process. Turns out that one of the ram slots was corrupted or something. But I have reconnected everything, even all the ram, and it has started up fine. Except the keyboard isnt working, but that usually happens when you disconnect your keyboard/mouse while the power is off.

Thank you for your condsideration!

Josh
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.