My CPU doesn't power on... Is my mobo fried?

hello,

i bought a new sound card and i tried to connect it to one of the PCI slot, when i was about to install the driver for the sound card. my screen freezes so i switch my computer off. after that, i started it again however it doesnt work. so, i decided to remove the sound card and the computer worked however the output of the graphics is blurred. so i removed the video card and cleaned it. so it worked again.. after that i put the sound card again and same thing happened. screen freezes i turned it off and when i powered it back on, a beep was heard coming from the mobo so i removed the ram and cleaned it. when i put the ram back and turned on the computer but it doesnt work.. is my mobo defected? because i tried replacing the power supply but it still doesnt work... Help me pls.. i really need tips...

Thanks!!!

What happens when you turn your PC on? Do any of the fans spin? Is the motherboard LED on?

If you have onboard sound, remove the new sound card and uninstall the onboard sound driver from Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features. Disable the onboard sound in the BIOS. Once the onboard sound is disabled and its driver is removed, install the new sound card and driver plus any sound manager programs.

Back