TechSpot

My CS1.6 Freeze and fps drops!

By estapeluo
Feb 29, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have ATI radeon 9250 with the last driver. When i run CS i get full FPS and no freeze. After 5min of gaming (online or LAN) it start to spike and freeze. Looks like my PC is doing something... I look to my task manager while i was gaming online i see that my cstrike.exe has 0-1 usage, and SYSTEM had 40 and Idle system Process 50-80.. anyone knows why my computer lags on this very old game? only occrus with CS...
  2. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 295

3. estapeluo

estapeluo TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already did that and still same. But today i discover the source of my freeze and lag, I turned off my Soundcard and it boost my speedgame and FPS... also my SYSTEM process CPU usage drop. I guess its a problem with CounterStrike and my Sound card...

I am using SoundMax for it.
  4. neoj3v0

neoj3v0 TS Rookie

I'm no good with any computer stuff lol, but maybe you can try reformatting if you don't have any important stuff on your comp.
  5. estapeluo

i alreadyd did that 3 times in a week... Now i play CS with 100fps and no lag/freeze. But i need to shutdow windows audio device from services.msc ... :S still im trying to figure it out why Windows lags in CS when audio es on. I apreciated suggest !
  6. neoj3v0

neoj3v0 TS Rookie

dang, thats alot of reformats, idk the problem ur having, im having a similar one too :(
  7. estapeluo

when audio running... i run CS and after 5minutes its starts to freeze up and lags... i showed up the taskbar and my SYSTEM proccess use 40-60 CPU usage... means that windows is doing something ... and it use all the processor onit :S thats my problem.
  8. neoj3v0

neoj3v0 TS Rookie

:s, read my thread and see if you can help me out.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.