TechSpot

My dell inspiron is messed up

By rdsx1818
Jun 4, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a dell inspiron 5160 and i had a problem with it and shipped it to dell to fix it cuz it had a power problem and they fixed that. So they just mailed my lap top back and so i turned it on and it was working fine and beginning to load up but then the screen turned blue and had an error and it said that system32/drivers/ntfs.sys was courrupted. So then i quickly shut off my computer and treid to restart it but ikept getting teh same error message. So i looked online on how to fix this and they said to put in the XP cd and click repair. So i put the cd in and it began to load and it said loading debugging something and it just stays on that screen. I left it to load for over 14 hours and nothing changed. Now when i start my laptop it just shows that dell screen and loads that white bar then the screen turns black. I can't go into safe mode or chose most current configuration. i can't do ANYTHING. Hooww the heck do i fix this??? PLEASE HELPP:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,872   +166

Send it back to Dell... It should be under warranty

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.