My Dell Inspiron won't load

By mrcarlos64
Apr 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi I have a Dell inspiraon Laptop its pretty new I am barely going to have a year with it. But all of a sudden it is no longer working correctly. It is loading to the sign in screen and after I type the password when it is on the welcome loading screen thats it, its just left on that screen. When I go into safe mode with networking it works fine. I have done a anti-virus scan through Microsoft but it has not really change anything. I have hit a stump and dont know what can I do..

What can I do or whats wrong with it???

p.s I called Dell support yesturday and they said that they can fix it but it will cost me $100.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Try performing a "factory restore"...
  3. mrcarlos64

mrcarlos64 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thats a real good idea but can I still do it without having a restore disk
  4. Tmagic650

When you first start up the laptop, do you see and restore functions listed, like "Press F12 for boot or recovery options". If you have this, use it to perform the "factory restore"...
  5. mrcarlos64

Thanks, I ran a diagnostic test and I found out that my hard drive is dead so I am sending it back because I have warranty
  6. Tmagic650

Okay, thanks for the update... Good luck :)
  7. mrcarlos64

**update**

just wanted to give an update, so I sent my laptop to Dell and they fixed it. They said that they had to re-install the os so I got it back now and it works better. thanks again for all the help
  8. Tmagic650

You are very welcome :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.