My disk drive says udf and wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

I been having trouble with my dvd disk drive lately I had roxio and I used roxio zap but it still wont go away. the udf letters wont go away. Its hard to install games..... PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• diskdrive.png
    diskdrive.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 6
See if this might apply [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post]

Well i dont know recently my display driver crashed for my xfx radeon hd5750 probably different problem because i had that problem with udf before hand.

Anyhow i followed the directions and nothing was on the cd/dvd but there was on the disk so i deleted the upper filter and I had made a restore point before. let you know how it goes thank you.

Well i had to use the system restore because it wouldnt boot also the gfx problems seems to be worse hd movies play all funny like the video is moving to fast and sometimes stutters.

1) Do you have all your stuff backed up? You might also want to recreate a clone backup image of your hard drive at this point (so you can always recover back to this exact point)
EASUS Todo backup is good freeware

2)I'd then also try reinstalling the DVD and graphics driver (also check XFX website to see if you have the latest drivers)

For dvd, you can simply uninstall from DevMgr then reboot. Windows will reinstall the dvd driver

For your graphics card, suggest you try
> Uninstall looking for the card in Ctl Panel -> Add/Remove programs
> Install DriverSweeper
> Run DriverSweeper and check the box so it cleans up and remaining ATI Display driver remnants
> Go the XFX website and download / install the latest driver version for you graphics card

I fixed it i installed k-lite codec pack and when it was installing two registry files were broken so it overide them anyways i want to thank you :)

Great news :grinthumb

And thanks for the update. I learned something new myself... I wouldn't have guessed it was a codec issue. Now i know too!

(tho if you still have problems with the graphics card you might want to try the graphics card reinstall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back