My disk partition isn't visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob2006ty

Hi, I recently installed xp on a new computer, I chose to partition my seagate 320gb hdd. I called the main partition c. (Don't boo, it's traditional!)

C has windows and all my programs on it, the other one (oh i divided the disk in half btw) isn't showing up in my computer. I used the windows disk to create the partition. However D isn't showing up in my computer at all, C does and says it holds half the disk capacity, but d isn't anywhere I can see Can I make it appear as it should? Or if not delete d, whilst keeping c untouched I do not want to lose my xp installation or any of my data oh btw its ntfs i used.

Thanks Bob. oh btw my dvd drive is called d is this anything to do with it?

Oh no i just noticed the storage sub forum. Sorry.

HI
right click my computer and choose manage then click on disc management when you see the missing drive right click the drive and you should get an option to activate the disk this will allow windows to now see the drive and assign a drive letter to it

EasethePain

Ok thanks did that and i see disk c in main panel 149gb, BUT below that i see disk 0, partitioned into two boxes it has c, and the partition which is listed as unallocated 149gb. how do i get this recognised?

Hi
to get to see the unpartitioned space right click the drive and choose create partition from the disc management section and use the unallocated space you need to create the partition

EasethePain

Hi
you will also need to format the partition if its not done already right click the drive if format is an option choose it you can then use the space. but make sure you have a drive letter assigned for it.

EasethePain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back