my documents burned to dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and after reformatting my hard disk, I'm unable to view or copy this directory from the new dvd to my hd. I've tried to take posession in safe mode but the security tab is not available. The folder will not copy across to the new system, saying access is denied. Am I doomed?

Can you view the files on the DVD? Where do you get the access denied message? How did you burn the disc?

You definetly have ap problem. once burned to disc those are read only files and it's attributes cannot be changed on the disk. it sounds like instead of burning the files in my documents you instead designated the entire folder which would have copied windows files as well.

sesos said:
I'm unable to view or copy this directory from the new dvd to my hd.
You're unable to view the DVD contents? That sounds like writing failed somehow, or you haven't installed proper DVD writer software (assuming we're talking about UDF, sort of drag'n'drop file system such as DirectCD).

I've tried to take posession in safe mode but the security tab is not available.
It's available only on NTFS volumes. DVDs aren't those.

The folder will not copy across to the new system, saying access is denied.
At which point does it say that - when trying to read the disc, or when trying to write to the hdd?

Am I doomed?
Of course. You'll need the proper rituals now.

OK, my first guess would be you cant read the DVD. install your dvd rom drivers if you havent already - then try that. If that doesnt work goto a friends house and see if they can access the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back