My Documents Folder Only Showing Some File Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just this morning the My Documents folder on employees computer will only show the file names of documents in the folder up to documents starting with the ltter "D" all documents after that are not listed in teh folder, however the documents are on the drive becase I can access them with a "recent documents" or through the programs such as Excel in the recently used docs area. If I save a document that starts with say and "O" or "M" it does not show in the folder but the file is there as I can reopen as above.

Show Hidden files is checked and I have done a chkdsk /f as I figure is is some kind of corrupt index or file that is stopping things to be show after it, but I cannot figure out how to find the culprit.

Are you logging on as an Admin?
Try CHKDSK again.

Start | Run | CMD

c:
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents"
md C:\Backup
xcopy *.* C:\Backup /s /h

Hope this works. I really suspect its a corrupt filesystem though.

Can you re-install your Office program... or at least download and reinstall all the Updates for your version of office.
This will usually not harm your documents, but it is smart to make a backup before you modify/upgrade/improve office.
You should also scan your computer with at least two different spyware programs and an antivirus. I recommend SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes, Spyware Sweeper, or Spyware Doctor, along with Microsoft Windows Defender, then Kaspersky, Alwill Avast, or Avira Antivir antivirus program because there is the likelyhood that you have some sort of infestation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back