My dream...

By racer_x_090
Oct 19, 2006
  1. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 650

well its a nice comp but i dont really think a floppy drive is a vital part and personally i would get the radeon x1600xt over the 7600 mainly cause i prefer ati and i have 1 and its lush i love it, it gets the job done for me, but its your comp not mine

dont think ur missin anything maybe a mouse and keyboard unless you just want to look at your computer and some speakers unless youv already got some check out the creative i-trigue 3400 there good as
  2. racer_x_090

racer_x_090 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

I already have a monitor with speakers attatched to it, and i have a mouse and keyboard too. As for the floppy, i just hvae it for those old school days when i might need it, and for the video card, im a NVIDIA man myself.
  3. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 650

yeah thats all good then well i reckon its pretty good then

ATI hahah jk man
  4. IH8PunkRok

IH8PunkRok TS Rookie Posts: 114

its a good comp alot better than mine but of course mine sux. u should use ati though they are very good. other than that i like it.
  5. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Thats case is really nice, I need to get me one of thoses for my next computer
  6. krismeister

krismeister TS Rookie

I've had some beef in the past with ATI cards, don't let them talk you out of NVIDIA. they're my favorite too.
  7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

I have several things to point out about this build of yours:
    1) That PSU is complete garbage and will cause a lot of problems down the line. Get this one instead. I've had one and it still works like a charm. Antec makes high-quality PSUs so no wonder there.

2)ECS makes crappy mobos so I suggest this one instead.

3)This processor is a better choice since it's faster, dual-core and for the same price as the Pentium 4 u posted.

4)Assuming ur gonna go with the mobo I posted, ur gonna need this RAM to go with it. It's high-quality RAM and much faster than the DDR RAM u would have been using otherwise.

5)This is a better choice of cooling system. It's from a well-reputed manufacturer and of high quality.

6)This DVD burner is a cheaper alternative to that Lite-On one.

7)This video card is blazes faster than the 7600GS and is a lot cheaper too.

8)Again assuming that ur gonna go with the Foxconn mobo, u can get this HDD as a master and slave or get a separate slave drive.

Whew! I hope that helped.:) As u can see, I used all links from They're the best when it comes to computer hardware so remember that in the future.
  8. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Yeah... Why would you build a new system witha P4 when the core 2 duo's are out?
  9. krismeister

krismeister TS Rookie

woah i didn't see you chose ECS motherboard. I got one once and it was really really bad, I returned it and bought a new one(abit) in a week. It had to do with stability problems.
  10. racer_x_090

racer_x_090 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

thanks for all the advise. I really have no knowledge in the brand of hardware for somputers so all your help is greatly appreciative
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.