My first build

Hello guys need ur help for my first build. I would like to build a strong pc for gaming and normal stuff. I have a laptop at the moment and dont have any desktop so its my first one. my budget is around 1600€ to 1700€... what I have decided til now is

intel i7 3770k
asrock extreme 6 (mobo)
nvidia gtx 780 gfx card
cooler master CM 690II nvidia edition case
corsair hydro series h100i watercooling
corsair vengence 16gb ram
samsung 840 120 gb ssd
hdd and blue ray burnner have already
cooler master CXM 750 W moduler psu

so what do u guys think do I need a change or should I go with this configuration,,,,,,,,,,

I would go ahead at this point and upgrade to a 4770k, that will be a nice performance gain over the 3770k for about 20 euros more.

Also, if you ever plan to sli the 780, you might want a higher psu then that. But otherwise it's a nice build.

That's just my 2 cents.

I agree with GhostRyder. However if you do decide to go 4770K, it requires a new CPU socket (LGA1150 motherboard).

I was confused between 3770k and 4770k thats why I asked u guys ...getting 4770k would be good choice at the moment or not coz its new in the market and hasnt been tested by more ppl,,

The 4770K has been tested by Intel for months. Intel is already testing the 5th generation CPU as we speak right now. Testing takes much more time and effort than manufacturing.
Here are some build tweaks I would make: Change the CPU to a i7 4770K, change the motherboard to a Gigabyte Z87 GA-Z87X-OC, make sure the RAM is 2x8GB or 4x4GB (not one single stick), change the SSD to a 840 Pro (you probably want at least 180-240GB of SSD space nowadays), finally I would change the PSU to something more reliable, like a Corsair HX750.

Oh yeah forgot to put that, thanks for the catch. Also since we're on that too, the haswell does have that psu requirement so if you do switch, check for the compatibility.

Tnx guys for ur kind suggestions,,,, ok guys I wil go with 4770k but that mobo ((Gigabyte Z87 GA-Z87X-OC))) cost 482€ is there any thing special to bought it coz 4770k cost me 290€ and that mobo is twice the price of cpu so what do u think guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Im stuck in mobo now which one to get for 4770k .....:confused:

Get the one I recommended. It is made for overclocking. Dont get the ASUS boards unless you like Gold and you like ASUS quality. Gigabyte is great also. The reason I hate the ASUS boards is because the PCIe slots and the RAM slots yellow color scheme is hideous. Another Gigabyte option is the GA-Z87-UD5H.

Back