My fn hotkeys do not work for volume control

I have just bought a Acer laptop. The model, as it says on my laptop, Aspire 4752-6838.

The problem is that my fn hotkeys do not work for raising and lowering the volume or muting or playing. That would be fn + up, fn + down, and fn + f8, respectively.

Interestingly enough, my fn hotkeys work for other functions like num lock, brightness. Im not sure about my other fn keys working, but i dont have a need for them, so i dont care. However i really want to use my fn hotkeys for volume control.

Is there any way to enable this? Or does any one know where this problem arises and a solution?

BTW i read the manual and it doesn't help me with my problem. I also tried searching google and found no help either. If anyone knows where else i can look, that would help too.

Take it back to where you bought it and have them take a look. It could be a faulty keyboard. What version of Windows are you running? Have you run Windows update till no more updates are found?

Thanks

I have windows 7 installed, and I didn't install any updates nor did i know windows provided updates you can download.

I have a product key for Microsoft Office that i didn't put in yet, but i doubt that's related.

Maybe I will bring it back if i can't find a solution, but it's hard to believe it's a faulty keyboard because my fn actually works for other functions, as do my arrows keys, and the f8 key works for it's regular funtions. It just doesn't control the volume for some reason.

However that may be my only option, i'll wait to see if anyone else can comment with any advice, but that may be what i have to do.

Back