My Gigabyte BIOS won't change the boot order

I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 motherboard MA785GM-USTH. I have tried several times to set the BIOS to boot first from a cd/dvd. It does not change the boot order. I continues to boot from my hard drive. I want to boot from a UBUNTU CD and I can't. Can someone help?

My short answer here to this, is that it sounds like your BIOS needs a swift kick in the pants! Maybe the BIOS just needs a jump start, maybe to get things back on track. This is just a real quick little fix, if it works.

1. Remove the computer from power, unplug the power cord from the power supply.

2. Take the side panel off your computer case, exposing the guts of the machine.

3. Look for the motherboard, then look for a small shiny chrome colored battery.

4. Remove that chrome colored battery off the motherboard.

5. With the battery removed, take your hand and press the (power) button on the front of the case.

6. Keep that button depressed and or pushed for approx. 30 to 40 seconds, while your computer BIOS is drained of it's power and hopefully it's current setting.

7. Let off the (power) button, replace the chrome battery back onto the motherboard, replace the side panel of the case and reconnect the computer power cord to the back of the power supply.

Now turn on your computer and see if that helped take care of some things! Again, this is just one of those quick fixes that may or may not always work.

Hope this helps.

Back