TechSpot

My Google Search Results are redirected

By nickleeseon
Dec 30, 2008
  1. Hi All
    I had a virus that after running various scans has left me with a few problems.
    My Google Search Results Are Redirected to crap websites, and it seems my abilty to update my antivirus software has gone.
    I have attached HJT.log
    Your help is much appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Please follow these Steps and attach all three logs when done:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Also, if Threat Fire is your AV, check it's status. I see the Service but there should be entries in the 04 and 016 section of the HijackThis log. It's possible that it in non-functioning.

3. nickleeseon

nickleeseon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Google Redirecting & Updates Blocked

Hi Bobbye
    Thanks for your reply, I have downloaded the Avira program, but cannot update it.
    the virus seems to be blocking all updates, so I have ran the software without the updates.
    As per my previous thread "my abilty to update my antivirus software has gone"

Steve

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Not being able to update security programs is a common result of having malware. But not that you have Avira on the system, you will need to disable ThreatFire. We'll do that after I check your logs:

5. nickleeseon

nickleeseon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Bobbye
    I have followed the instructions fully, and have attached the 3 log files as requested
    Regards
    Steve

6. Darthvader101

Darthvader101 TS Rookie

Hmmm...try the avg virus software. I had the same problem. Fixed it up.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.