TechSpot

My Google Search Results are redirected

By nickleeseon
Dec 30, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All
    I had a virus that after running various scans has left me with a few problems.
    My Google Search Results Are Redirected to crap websites, and it seems my abilty to update my antivirus software has gone.
    I have attached HJT.log
    Your help is much appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Please follow these Steps and attach all three logs when done:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Also, if Threat Fire is your AV, check it's status. I see the Service but there should be entries in the 04 and 016 section of the HijackThis log. It's possible that it in non-functioning.

3. nickleeseon

nickleeseon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Google Redirecting & Updates Blocked

Hi Bobbye
    Thanks for your reply, I have downloaded the Avira program, but cannot update it.
    the virus seems to be blocking all updates, so I have ran the software without the updates.
    As per my previous thread "my abilty to update my antivirus software has gone"

Steve

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Not being able to update security programs is a common result of having malware. But not that you have Avira on the system, you will need to disable ThreatFire. We'll do that after I check your logs:

5. nickleeseon

nickleeseon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Bobbye
    I have followed the instructions fully, and have attached the 3 log files as requested
    Regards
    Steve

6. Darthvader101

Darthvader101 TS Rookie

Hmmm...try the avg virus software. I had the same problem. Fixed it up.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.