TechSpot

My Half-Life 2 crashes when exiting, how can I fix?

1. When I exit Half-Life 2 it appears a box say that hl2.exe has stop working, during the game is ok, but when I came to chapter Black Mesa East, I met a woman at the evelator, talk to her a while and she start to freeze! How can I fix these problems, thank you :'(

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

It is a pretty old game, so it does have the best compatibility with Windows 7 (or any modern OS). Try this: Right click on the game icon, press properties, go to the compatibility tab, chose the option to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

That is a known bug (HL2.exe crashing) I believe and is nothing to be concerned about. I dont know about your other problem.

4. Quan VI Cuong

Quan VI Cuong TS Rookie Topic Starter

It didn't work, I have tried all of them! Last night, I found that if I save game and exit, It will appear that error! It isn't a serious problem but it's pretty uncomfortable

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

Like St1ckM4n said, it is a common issue.

6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

It's not actually crashing, I think. It's just not exiting with full grace, one could say. :)

TheDreams likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.