TechSpot

My hard drive is not shown in my computer

By Pulkit Taneja
May 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I have a seagate 3TB external hard drive and it was working fine for a while.it was connected to my laptop and it turned off due to low battery. when I charged and restarted it my external Hard drive was no longer shown in my computer. It still makes the noise when I disconnect and reconnect it and have the safely remove device icon in the right tray.

it works fine on all new laptops.. but is not shown on any device which was earlier connected.
    HELP ME

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

Is this a single external 3tb drive?

3. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TS Booster Posts: 204   +35

I had an older external hard drive that did the same thing with a laptop that I used to have. I know it sounds like a dumb question, buy have you tried to reboot the laptop with the external hard drive attached? Im not just talking about charging and booting up from a dead battery, but actually shutting the computer down and then physically starting it back up with the power button. That fixed it when I had the problem.

4. Pulkit Taneja

Pulkit Taneja TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes.. its a single hard drive

I did try it.. never helped.. any other solutions please.. HELP

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.