My HDD is too slow

ArjunDhanak212

hey guys i need some help.. my hard drive is taking a hell lot of time to load... i think its getting stuck.. i'll explain... see, when i start the computer.. it shows asus express gate(it come with the new asus mobos) and the it loads just fine until the part where it asks me to enter my password for the user im on.. there is only 1 user but i have set a password for it.. and so when i type the password, somtimes it shows the desktop n then just stops working.. n somtimes it just gets stuck at the logon screen. pls help me with this..

You are the second person within a week that has come here citing Asus express gate as being in the mix. Disable it and tell us if load times change for the better.

E.G not the problem

I tried that but it did not work. Express gate is not the problem. My HDD is getting stuck and its not because of Express Gate. Any other reason?

The hdd is WD and 500gb.. i can't tell if there is any noise from the HDD. How can i know if there is any noise?? I mean my fan makes quite a lot of noise and i can't hear anything from the HDD. I will try checking for any noise again, when I get home.
Thanks for your help.

Pls elaborate. I did not understand. Pls give me the steps I am to follow. Ok my hdd is making some noise. Can i record the sound and send it to you? Will you be able to identify the problem? Or should I take a video clip and forward it to you? Thanks for the reply again.

Ok my hdd is making some noise. Can i record the sound and send it to you? Will you be able to identify the problem? Or should I take a video clip and forward it to you?

It sounds like your harddrive is failing. Western Digital supplies for free a harddrive utility that will analyze your harddrive.

One thing I want to stress is back up everything of importance NOW. Your harddrive could be failing.

May I get your e-mail ID PLS, I want to send you a video in which i will explain to you the whole problem. Or can I send it on techspot in any way??

Well I don't give out my email to anyone as I believe you can understand.

Just give us the full problem in bullet points. But, I would still test your harddrive and back up everything that is important on your harddrive, i.e., burn the material to a DVD or transfer the data to a flash drive. Or do both.

Do you have any friends who understand computers?

Back