My HJT logs for your consideration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhmed

Hi there! I'm a Newbie here and although I hate the thought of my first post being a cry for assistance, I'm afraid that is what it is....

This past week I discovered an annoying little pop-up that kept triggering my Norton. Turned out it was that WinAnti-Virus trojan, so I sat down and did some googling and this site popped up. I found the instructions to remove it, and followed the instructions to the letter. As per those step-by-steps, I'm posting my logs from HJT and ewido to be looked over...

Thanks in advance to whomever can help me out finishing off this little problem of mine.

Andy :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean.

You can delete all files in Ewido quarantine.

Did you install this programme yourself? C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe If you did, that`s fine, if you didn`t you should uninstall it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jhmed only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I did install the VNC myself. A friend of mine recommended it. I plan on teaching myself how to use Remote Assistance and learn more about its security this weekend, schedule permitting. I want to see how they compare to one another.

Thanks for that write-up you did. It was the best and most accurate solution to this issue I've seen! I found the link to the instructions in a response to another user's indecision to format or repair. All the steps were spot-on, it was simple to use and well laid out. Flawless.

Thanks again, Howard!

Andy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back