My IDE Hard Dreive Detected by BIOS but XP is not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having issues after doing a format of my Main hard drive (C: Drive). My secondary hard drive is not showing up at all now. Not in windows but OK in BIOS. Also not showing in Disk Management I am not sure what to do as I am not familiar with doing secondary hard drives.

Before the reformat the drive was working fine and I have tons of data on it so definitely don't want to reformat THAT drive. Not sure what to do here and any help would be appreciated.

Disconnect the good drive with all the data on it.
Then format the "Main hard drive C:" and install your operating system. Once that is done, the "secondary" or storage drive will be detected and recognized...
You have to be certain that they are both jumpered as Cable Select or by Main and Slave drives, and taht your cables are good and not damaged by crimpling or any of the wires being pulled out of the drive socket... If SATA, bad SATA cables have been a big problem this year. If EIDE, wires get pulled out of the 80 conductor 40 connector socket. Check carefully with a good light and perhaps a magnifying glass.

@Raybay, Dear I did wat u said now Disk management is showing the drive but as "UNALLOCATED/UNINITIALZED" and a wizard came with the Initialize and convert option. I cant formate that I've my whole studies data in that disk. Plz help wat to do now???? PLS PLS PLS

Formatting the C drive should have no effect on the other drive.

Check to see that all cables are plugged in properly. Remove and reinsert them.

I am having issues after doing a format of my Main hard drive (C: Drive). My secondary hard drive is not showing up at all now. Not in windows but OK in BIOS. .

Having the same issue here, only with a SATA drive and I haven't tried to format anything. Just want to introduce a slave into an already built system.

Not sure what the issue may be aside from the possible aformentioned bad drive-to-board cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back