My in game gfx has deteriated, NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattw

hello, i have an X850 XT PE gfx card and i have a problem, it is not the card itself but software based.

well i was playing bf2 a few days back, the gfx was perfect, really smooth all gfx running maxed out etc... a few days later, my gfx has deteriated quite a bit.

i still have all settings maxed out, AA turned up to the max etc, but it looks as if its set to low settings, as the edges are no longer nice and smooth, but really jaged as if AA was off.

im really confused as to how it got like this, and i have no idea what so ever as to how to get it back.

i have tried changing resolutions, reinstalling drivers etc and it has not helped at all.

im really needing help with this one, any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks alot :)

AA and AF need to be set in BF2 game options and the drivers left at Application Preference.

Moreover, if you are not using the CCC version of the drivers, you'll need to either: a) edit the registry manually or b) get a tweaker to disable Cat AI. Catalyst AI can disable AA and AF in BF2, so you need the CCC version to get to this setting (which the Control Panel version of the drivers sets to "Low" by default but with no way to disable).

Hope this helps!

Hmmm.. have you tried a different resolution? I have heard of some of the HD resolutions not having properly working AA if you've possibly changed your resolution lately.

Try setting 1280x1024 or 1024x768, 4x AA in Battlefield2, leaving both AA and AF at "Application Preference" in the CCC and Cat AI DISABLED. This should yield 4x AA.

Also realize that Multisampling AA does not effect the foilage or trees in BF2 as these aren't polygons, but instead alpha-test textures. If you wish to add AA to these, you'll need to enable the new Adaptive AA in the registry, reboot and set. But keep in mind that Adaptive AA does impact performance greatly in BF2.

i will give those things ago 2moro^^

i have tried different resolutions but not different combos with AA etc.

another thing with BF2 is its performance has gone down dramatically alsol, even on single player, when it used to run fine. its real stoppy starty, and not very playable.

bit of an odd problem really:S, bit weird considering it used to run perfectly aswell.

thanks for the help dude much appreciated:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back