My internet is absolutely screwed, in desperate need of help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, basically every 5 minutes or so my internet will stop working as if it has lost its signal or has been unplugged from the router. I don't remember when this started but I know it didn't used to happen. I also know it's not the router b/c my laptop works fine on the internet with the wireless signal the router is emitting. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the ethernet card or if it is a software problem or if it is a settings problem with this desktop. All I know is that it is very annoying b/c I can't load any IM services or any online games without being disconnected every 5 minutes or less. Any suggestions? :-D

Hi

try changing the channel the wireless uses, ive seen posts on this before somewhere and it cleared random disconnections when done.

its in your router security config page, or at least mine is.

hmm.....

well...it's not the wireless that's the problem...it's the computer. It has to be...everyone else that has come over and used the wireless has been able to without any problem whatsoever. THIS computer is connected directly to the modem with an ethernet cord.

I've already tried that...it's not the ethernet cord. :-( We're taking it to Best Buy in the morning...hopefully the Geek Squad can help out...if not I don't know what to do...:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back