TechSpot

My labtec 1060 speakers do not work after re-installing windows XP

By sanx
Feb 27, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi, i was hoping that some one could help me with my problem. My labtec 1060 speakers are not working after re-installing windows XP. i believe that i need the driver but cannot locate it. if you require some system information then could you guys please tell me exactly what you need please (i am new at this and this is my first post). Thanx.

2. pioneerx01

pioneerx01 TS Maniac Posts: 345

Aren't they standard 3.5mm plugs? That should be plug and play (well listen in this case) If your entire system (labtec speakers or not) does not emit sound you need to install to audio drivers for your particular audio device. Go to start > Control Panel > Add hardware > and all the yellow triangles need drivers. Go thought them and let windows search and install drivers. Be sure to be online when you do that. Let us know how it worked or if you need further help...

P.S. welcome to TS

3. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

After the XP reinstall did you install motherboard chipset and audio drivers?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.